Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trouble picking shade of Blush?

When I do my make-up I usually do my normal routine of concealer and foundation....But when I'm done my face looks really dull and flat.





I tried putting on blush which helped it look not as dull....But I odn't really like my cheeks being so unnaturally pink.





Is there a certain shade of blush I should try?





I have Medium/tan skin with honey eyes and dark/brown hair


If that helps at allTrouble picking shade of Blush?
why dont you try using a bronzer instead of a blush... I dont like using blush either because it can like wierd on me so instead I by a bronzer and apply it to my cheek bones... it makes my skin glow and makes me look darker!!Trouble picking shade of Blush?
I read this in a book written by makeup artist Bobbi Brown, and it works. Pull down your lower lip, and buy a blush that matches the pink color inside your lip. Since that is a color that appears naturally in your skin, it will work perfectly as a blush. It sounds odd, but it's a good guide to follow if you're having trouble.





If you want a nice, delicate pink, try Softspoken Pink by Revlon or Rose Romantique by Lancome. Orgasm by Nars is a shimmery peach/pink that work well on almost everyone too. Lightly swirl a fluffy blush brush in the blush, and tap off the excess. Smile and apply the blush to the apples of your cheeks, and then blend up on the cheekbone. Repeat the process on the other side. This will ensure each side is even. Once the blush is applied, go over your cheeks again and again with the brush to blend in the color. This rubs it in and makes it look much more natural. Then take a cotton ball and lightly rub in on the area where your blush ends and your skin begins to blend it even more. You will get a very natural, subtle look using this technique.
Your blush may be the right color~~ it sounds like you are applying too much.


If its a powder blush just dip the tip of your brush in the blush. Shake some off %26amp; then apply it to apple of your cheeks.





You just want to add a bit of color~~ so it looks more natural. Just like youre blushing.





Walgreens has CoverGirl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush thats reasonably priced. You get 3 colors to blend %26amp; add cheek color.


Sophisticated Sable is a nice color that should go with your skin color %26amp; dark hair. Or check out Peach Perfection.





Also, I usually dont use the applicator brushes that come with the kits. I prefer Sonia Kushak brushes because the bristles are soft %26amp; dont fall out %26amp; last a long time. Plus they apply my makeup better.
Actually, the last answer (from Anita) is right. That's how you choose a blush shade... pinch your cheek and match the blush color to the tone of your face.





It sounds like you need something with brown undertones, instead of pink, plum or red. So try to find a natural looking shade. It might not look as pretty next to those other colors, but it will make you glow!





If you have the time or money, try going to a make up counter like Clinique. They'll be happy to match you with a pretty shade! :)
I'm the same. I use Urban Decay (the only expensive piece of makeup I own lol) power blush and the color is like bright pink peachy color called Score. It's just right. Try getting a color that is bright yet fresh looking like a pink or peach color.
I'm not sure if this is really going to help but... if you pinch yourself or something and your skin goes red, maybe you could match it with that colour, since that would be the colour your skin would naturally be... I don't know, sorry.
Try Nars Orgasm.


http://www.narscosmetics.com/classics_ho鈥?/a>
Rosy pink!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware